CKUA Radio Network
Digital Content Editor: Edmonton, AB; July 2016 – Present
- Manage website for radio network focused on fostering emerging artists. Includes podcast management, writing of editorial pieces on featured artists, and video of live performances.
- Handle the station’s social media accounts — leading to a significant (30%+) increase in social engagement year-over-year.
- Led special online projects for various departments, writing and designing features on CKUA’s history, special broadcasts and donor activities.
Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity
Digital Content Producer: Banff, AB; Oct. 2015 – Apr. 2016
- Wrote feature articles and produced podcasts for world-renowned arts institution, focusing on the works of artists, politicians and leaders. Conducted field interviews, audio recordings, writing, editing and audio/video production.
- Helped develop the centre’s voice and tone online, with a focus on engaging general audiences and donors.
- Produced, wrote and managed Banff Centre Talks, a series of live discussions with writers, musicians and other artists. Also handled the technical details of recording the talks for release as videos and podcasts.
Web/Multimedia Reporter: Edmonton, AB; Aug. 2012 – Sept. 2015
- Pitched, researched and wrote stories for CBC.ca — including breaking news, features and data-supported pieces
- Prepared multimedia features – pioneering new story forms to engage our online audience with photos, video, audio and other elements
- Managed social media accounts, both as a promotional and news-gathering tool. Also conducted training for other reporters on social media techniques/tools for use in the field.
Radio Reporter: Edmonton, AB; June 2010 – Aug. 2012
- Gathered and produced both breaking news and longer radio features, both for local and national radio.
- Worked on longer current affairs pieces, cutting finished products and booking live guests for shows.
- Provided live hits for local and national television, as well as gathering taped elements.
The Globe and Mail
Digital Intern: Toronto, ON; Nov/Dec. 2009
- Focused on providing additional web content to compliment both print and online-only stories and features
- Worked on and helped design multimedia projects incorporating photo, video, audio and interactive elements (timelines, liveblogs)
University of Alberta – Edmonton, AB
Specialization: Evolutionary and behavioural psychology
University of King’s College – Halifax, NS
Specialization: Radio documentary, online journalism
- Other Achievements
Radio Documentary Aired on CBC Radio’s Ideas
Original Air Date: Feb. 23, 2017
Original, hour-long radio documentary exploring the question of programming morality into artificial intelligence and the impact the technology may have on our own ethical foundations.
- Available upon request